Thursday 29 September 2011

Village Under Fire




Some different angles of a small village under attack by a red dragon. The dragon is also in progress, and will be for quite some time.  There is a knight/crusader who will also be put into the mix, defending the town. He will be finished within the next month or two, so keep an eye out!
 




I spent some time plotting out the way I will show of the scene. I've chosen to do some pans and turntables in a "still-time" fashion. Here is an example of what I hope to achieve. Of course, there will be particles, and with hopes high, it should look awesome at finish!


Another angle of the exploding house, in the middleground, the podium for the Crusader.


Close up of the podium. During the shot, the podium should feel like it is being ripped away by the blast of the dragon, while the crusader defends the town, shield taking the brunt force of the dragons blast.


Full view of the entrance to the town. If all goes well, the dragon should fill the area immediately inside the entrance from the front gate. Also, a river offside will be placed, once the fluids and particles look just right. ;-)

That's about all, of course, there a ton of different angles I can use here, and plenty of touch ups which could be ironed in. ANY critique would be very helpful. As I plan on using this in my upcoming demo reel, and I want it to look it's best when I decide to present it to a possible employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment